Off Topic Just made more work for myself

hvyhaul

I was going through my electronics etc for insurance and I stood up one of the Scotty DR incorrectly and snapped off a brake handle.

Nothing else to say other than, poop.

I guess if that one was so brittle, I might as well replace both rigger brake handles.

I was going through my electronics etc for insurance and I stood up one of the Scotty DR incorrectly and snapped off a brake handle.

Nothing else to say other than, poop.

I guess if that one was so brittle, I might as well replace both rigger brake handles.

I actually broke one last year too and ordered two new ones as well. They are 10 years old and seem to have gotten pretty brittle, the new ones are a bit different so maybe they won't fail in time. I had a bit of a hard time finding them but eventually got them here:

https://pacificnetandtwine.com/products/10211122?_pos=10&_sid=f969472ae&_ss=r

Last edited:
Appreciate the link @G.Mech

Natural Sports is a Scotty rep, so I'll try them first. Last time I needed something they had a catalogue they used to get me the part.

I expect it will be the same this time. If not, many thanks. :D

There's a win and they for sure have great products and stand behind them which is nice to see. I bought two scotty's last year on good word about them and have used the customer service a few times for help and impressed.

Never even thought of contacting them and paid for mine from a dealer. I guess I'll have to consider this another life lesson.

Never even thought of contacting them and paid for mine from a dealer. I guess I'll have to consider this another life lesson.

I've bought parts before, and never once thought of a warranty claim on my riggers.

Look at me and the influence of others. :unsure: :oops:

Well I don't feel quite so ripped off now, the kits I bought had new brake pads, discs, handles, and some other parts that likely won't get installed. Maybe I will pick up a case of beer and get at the repair myself today although it only takes about 10 minutes or 🍺🍺🍺🍺's for each downrigger!

Well I don't feel quite so ripped off now, the kits I bought had new brake pads, discs, handles, and some other parts that likely won't get installed. Maybe I will pick up a case of beer and get at the repair myself today although it only takes about 10 minutes or 🍺🍺🍺🍺's for each downrigger!

Well, I did only break one handle by my own dumbness.

The brake worked fine so those other parts will be cleaned, scuffed and put back in place.

Scotty's are great and the BC service is exceptional. I'm very pleased with mine too. Now all we need to do is start using them! Fishing fever is alive and well. Best of luck to everyone this year!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks