June 30, Elbow Walleye

L2F

Hit the elbow for the first time Monday afternoon with my brother. Fishing was slow but we managed to boat two nice 'eyes, one 26 in. and the other 28 in.

Both were taken on copper backed, watermelon NK28 spoons. One on four colours of lead core and the other on a dipsey, #3 setting at 90 ft out. Both fish were found in 85 FOW.

Also lost a good steelie - tore the hook right off a purple Rapala!

Bob

Attachments

• 1st Walleye @ Elbow 30-Jun-2014.jpg
    1st Walleye @ Elbow 30-Jun-2014.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 65
I was trolling between bluffs and the elbow on Sunday and caught 1 walleye and lost a rainbow at the boat. That along with our limit of small mouths taken at bluffs made for a pretty good day.

It was my first attempt at trolling so I would call it a success. Can't wait to get back on the water

good job, cant wait to get back on land to getinto some fish on the nanticoke schoal. im kinda like england in the world cup. i can only watch from afar here in aruba

Great work Gents....sounds like you both had decent days out there. Thanks for the posts.

Nice fish fellas,

Its a little too windy for my liking today otherwise I'd be out with my two boys.
Thanks for the updates.

Cheers

I would say the walleye are here found them Monday afternoon 8 miles out of Nanticoke landed more than 2 man limit but I was tossing them back for this weekend lots of smaller fish biggest 28" all on spoons behind dipsys, not a touch on harnesses or body baits. most action was running around 2.4mph not much hittin running slow. not one fish came off riggers all weekend.

Well I got out nice and early before the wind picked up and managed to go 2 for 3 with a couple nice eyes. It was a bumpy ride home but well worth my effort.
Picked all 3 up out near the lighthouse. Also managed to drag around 4 or 5 nice sized silver bass. Worm harnesses and a rapala tail dancer did all the damage.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks