June 15, West End AM

icefisherman

Another beauty day on the West end of Lake O.
The "usual" late start with the kids in tow...but by 7am lines were in the water....just to find it is a rather cold water at that....
and almost no hooks on the screen.....so I knew it'll be tough time trying to find the warmer water with hooks in it....got few large kings while searching for better temps....let them go as they were too big (18 and 19 Lbs)....covered lots of water and further West I went warmer it got....and the bite eventually started after 10am....off the lake by 12:30....score for the days 8 for 12....hits on dipsy (wire with fly, and braid with spoon) and on the riggers....only one hit on the leadcore....

wire was out 115' over 150, and braid 130 over 150....most of the day was between 100 and 160 fow but most hits were 140-150 fow....
some serious hits on both dipsys.....almost went in the drink with the wire dipsy ....

Mixed bag - Kings, Cohos and Bows....let most bigger Kings and bows go to get bigger....kept a few for the smoker....

Kids were happy even though they've had hard time fighting some of the bigger fish....had to work in team to manage ha ha ha

Few shots from the day:

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Looks like a fun day.
Two kids on a rod, that's a good idea, I'm going to try that when we hit the eye's and bow's off Burwell, especially with the 10 colour:D

Brian (Legend Man)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks