Jumbo Perch

BillO

So, what's happened to the jumbos this year? [B)] We've been out of Port Bruce 4 times this year, and only a few jumbos on any one trip. [B)] Yes, year class can have something to do with it, but it has been a marked decrease in the large fish.
Any ideas? [?]

And Happy Canada Day to all! :D

BillO
London, Ont

My inlaws were out of burwell today and most of there fish were 12"+ one was 17ish

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove,X-zone Lures, IMA Lures and Numa Optics for their support

I've been out to pt.bruce several times this year with lots of jumbos to be had, but the last few times I was out I only got 5 or 6 really nice size ones so I too have seen a drop in the jumbos lately BillO. I guess the wicked heat and wind lately could have something to do with it??

quote:
Originally posted by SRT8

My inlaws were out of burwell today and most of there fish were 12"+ one was 17ish

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove,X-zone Lures, IMA Lures and Numa Optics for their support

17", that is a huge perch and would actually be an Ontario record!! Hope he documented it and registers it!!

quote:
Originally posted by Caseys Dream

quote:
Originally posted by SRT8

boatnonumbers.jpg

17", that is a huge perch and would actually be an Ontario record!! Hope he documented it and registers it!!

A record indeed! A 17 in. perch, Shawn, I dont think I'll ever believe anything you say you caught from now on.

DSCF1466.jpg

it was a guess based on the size of his hand in a pic never mesured it . I have caught a few that were over the 15.1" record length which I had no idea was a record although the 2.42lb record perch has a huge 12.1" girth . this one was definatly 15+ but not fat at all gonna have to weigh some fish next time out

boatnonumbers.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks