July Family Camping trip to Long Point Park Conservation

one.last.cast

My family and I are camping at Long Point Conservations 2nd week in July. Bringing the Boat with us and hoping to keep the kids (11-8 yrs) busy with bass and pan fish in the bay. I have fished for walleye at Port Burwell but will stay in the conservation area that week.

Would love to get some pointers on what lures and area to target bass and pan fish there. Been at long point many times swimming but never had the boat with us. Want to ask now before the tournament nears. I expect people would be tight lip then. LOL.

Thanks in advance for your tips.

Bring bug spray with lots of deet in it for the ticks.lots of bass around then pretty much any lures will work depending on if your after large mouth or smallmouth .spinnerbaits will work for both

Thanks iba, I will make sure the kids are safe from the ticks. The bay is also protected from the wind so should be safe in a 16 footer. Don't want to go out in the big lake with them.

All depends on the weather the next 3 months honestly. If it’s super warm the next few months and the water temp is high they might be moved out of the bay by then for the most part. So your best options then would be the deep channel (EC 3,4,5,6) or north shore of outer bay (normandale, port ryerse) Or our at the bluffs. If the water is still cold they may still be loaded in the flats so fish between millionaires and bait island. For panfish (perch, sunfish, rockbass) or even largemouth/pike I would suggestion anchoring right beside the millionaire break wall. That time of year is typically pretty productive off there and it provides a wide variety of options. Fish with minnows or worms off of a bobber casting along the wall or edge of the visible weedbeds. That would be my recommendation. And if you get bored you can always cast lures for bigger fish

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks