Fishing Report July 5. The coke.

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Dropped the lines in around 5pm. Pulled the spread around 9pm fishing the waters off Nanticoke.
We managed to Ice 10 Walleye and a few rainbow. Lost a rainbow here & there. fair ammount of hits that didn't connect.
Turned out to be a good afternoon/evening run but man was it HOT out there on the waters.
Cant forget the Stable flies,perfect conditions for them today.. Went about 15/50 on them baby's.

Noticed zero pattern for baits ,color or presentation.. run some kind of bait 25-35ft down and wait to see which one goes next. Spoon,crank & harness all Cought fish at some point but not consistently.

No pictures today, was to hot to think about that. Making sure to drink water was all i was thinking about while chasing flies away from the ankles on top of wondering which bait I should try next while chasing flies away from the ankles again.

2.5-3mph
Graph was reading 80.5°F over 80fow in th area of the elbow.
Bit of grass drifting around clogging up the baits.

Be sure to bring along & drink lots of water if the next couple days are like today.

It was HOT.. to HOT.. so HOT I seen a herring gull blowing on some smelts before it threw them back and ate them!
It was a real scorcher out there for a bit today let me ya.

Insect repellent works great for stable flies. Just need to spray your legs.

I guess they had sent their dentures out for sharpening the day before as none of the very numerous flies in our boat did any biting.

Neighbour and I were ready with long pants, bug spray and fly swatters, but nothing happened other than target practice for the real event.🌻

Nicely done again 6G, you need to up your catching percentage though.....not on the eyes or bows but on the Stable Flies...15 for 50 could be better. LOL :oops:
As always great report out there. 👍

Insect repellent works great for stable flies. Just need to spray your legs.
Never been a fan of spraying that stuff on my skin. It don't bother me and I know it works I just don't like what it is. It's the last resort for me.. luckily my damn Terry cloth was a good swatter to keep them at a distance and knocking the odd 1 out of action now & again.

Nicely done again 6G, you need to up your catching percentage though.....not on the eyes or bows but on the Stable Flies...15 for 50 could be better. LOL :oops:
As always great report out there. 👍
I know right. That's less the 30% connection rate! LOL.

They now sell salt guns in pistols so on my boat everyone has one in a shoulder holster to deal with those biters.

They now sell salt guns in pistols so on my boat everyone has one in a shoulder holster to deal with those biters.
Not to sure how well that would go with gang I fish with.. I just know some buddy would blast one off a buddy's ankle at close range and then it would be on! Be sliding around like James Brown with all that salt on the floor after the fire fight.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks