July 2th/012 in and out pic added

packrat

made an early morning decision to head out for a few hours. Bruce didnt appeal to me (long drive) so east it was. What a treat to drive at a pace where the countryside is not a blur.

on the pier at 7 to a slow start,just a couple small whites by 8 and i'm thinking of making a move to find some yellows. get a bleeder and in the bucket it goes and things just got crazy from there.

for an hour it was a slow/steady bite, added a couple more decent size whites to the bucket. lots of small ones that went back.

last hour couldnt even put the rod down they were all over it as soon as your minnow went under ther surface.

fellow beside me was tossing a small jig and then he started getting whites as well. not as many as i was but he got a bonus silver bass and was kind enough to offer it to me. he picked off another five/six more then they were gone.

left at 10 with 6 whites and 6 silvers---pretty good pickings for a few hours.

tech of the day was single snelled hook above small bell sinker. if you didnt get a hit within a few minutes you prob were stripped of your minnow. moving it slightly provoked a strike as well. got the biggest white on the move when a boat when thru in front of me

borrowed this from another board---what a zoo---been there done that and was patting myself on the back for NOT going;

portbrucepierJuly022012.jpg

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks