July 24 Burwell

blue spruce

On family vacation took the kids perch fishing. We were east of the harbour in front of a barn falling off the cliff, about 40 feet water ( don't have a depth finder) caught 1 silver bass. Had to buy supper but had a good time. I should note I haven't been to Burwell in 25 years so dont know the lake.

Last edited:
A friend of mine was in the same depth of water off Sandbanks Park, about 30 minute boat ride East of Burwell, last Thursday, and got a limit of nice Perch. You might want to try a little further East.

There was a bit of a point farther east of us I should of went around it and tried there, next time. I have a deep 16 foot boat and their was white caps so played it safe, need a nice calm weekend and want to try again.Thanks

I would reccomend a fish finder / depth finder to increase your odds of locating them
until then , look for a pack of boats and fish near them
just remember to move in slow and gentle and not wake the guys that are achored fishing (you will keep friends that way)
good luck

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks