Fishing Report July 14. Port burwell.

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
4-9pm. 3&4 color off planner boards pulling husky deeps,thunder sticks,long As,Smithwick p10s. Didn't give the spoons a chance as I didn't want to give the bows a chance but 1 managed to slip in. 20220715_005339.jpgLots of hits & Lots of fish. Easily half to a dozen lost20220715_032529.jpgShallow runners got things started then the deep cranks on short cores caught fire and took over, Fish were hitting as the baits were being let out,Crazy action. Voodoo haze Husky jerk was the real killer and clown was outstanding as well20220715_032523.jpg.
Worked a 3/4 miles stretch of water from start to finish in 62fow.
71.5°F
2.5+mph.
Fish of all sizes,14-25".
Ran a couple riggers at 30&40ft... They was good for a couple fish and hits along with most of the sheep head but the high riding short cores couldn't be beat.
Didn't run any dipsy or any leadcore beyond 4color.
Gobs of fish out there!

Inside or outside of the net @SIX-GRAND ?
I can't say for sure. I did see 2flags rather close together and another flag what looked to be a good mile away running out deeper.. I dropped my lines on the east side of the flags. Didn't see any other nets so I don't know if I was on the inside or out.

Guess we weren’t out far enough. Fished around 52-54 with only 2 and a rainbow to show for it. Oh and a sheepshead. Great looking cooler!!

My day was a lot slower but I left around 1 when it started to get choppy.. I only have dipsys...
Love fishing choppy water just hate traveling in it.
If i was to run my dipsy rigs I would be running the #0size from 70-110ft on 0-1.5 setting and the #1 50-75ft on 0-1.5 setting, i would ride them high.
Talk is cheap so I'll be sure to run some dipsy next time. I used to run only dipsy too.. still use them just didn't get to yesterday.

Last year the fishing was much more predictable than this year. Plus there seems to be more success further east while Burwell has been inconsistent so far.. its still early compared to when I had good fishing last summer..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks