Fishing Report July 12. Black fins.

Why do they say the toxins are in the fish we catch with a rod but are lower levels when harvested by a net and sold in store 🤔
Oh I know, and trust me I eat my fair share of Erie fish. And I'll continue to do so. I just never heard of this issue until it was linked up above in this post. Taking a second look at the consumption guide, they list it as #6 but none of the fish were tested for it.

Well if it's just a reminder to the death of the group then why not put up your own thread about it and educate the folks.? Many of these anglers on the group aren't rookies.. hell some of them are creeping up on what looks to be a century! They know what they are doing when they going fishing and eat what the catch.

I manage to fish with an awful lot of good anglers and catch fish on the regular.. that shouldn't lead you to believe for a second that im eating more then a fish or 2 a year.. most of it is given away..80% of the trout/salmon for sure, not my flavor unless it's smoked.
lot of old fisherman that wish they could still go out and catch there own but can't.. so I'll gladly do for them. Gifts man! No gas money or chip-ins on what it cost to fish.. just give it away.

Heres the break down from yesterday's catch .. 2 anglers..even split on the catch(always). Buddy don't smoke fish and niether do I..but I know a guy.. He won't take money from me to smoke them he only ever wants a fish or 2 for his service.. he will probably take 3 sides. That leaves 7 left.. Split 3.5 each. I'll keep the .5 and give the rest of my share away and what buddy does with his I don't give a rats ass.
Walleye went fast..taker on the 1st txt.. " Want a few fresh fish, you will have to clean them your self..?" Gone just like that.

I'm a fishermen. Its all I like to do. I don't golf or watch care races or go to the county fair's or shit like that.. I just fish. All my spare time goes to fishing and all my spare fish goes to who ever gets it first. Its nothing to cook 8lbs of walleye and have not a piece left once I invite a few people over. No charge for that either. My only fee ever is "be grateful, put me in your prayers and hope I catch more so we can do it again".
Maybe that's why I get to post what you call "limits every 4 days".. or maybe it's becouse I go fishing when ever the weather is good enough to go. Nature waits for no man.

I posted a fishing report about fishing in LPB on stomps channel6-8 under FISHING REPORTS to shared my results/findings for those who would like to know about such things. It appears there are a fair ammount of anglers that like to know these things.
Just Leave it alone if its not for you and don't worry self or assume how much I'm eating.. It's my table and I'll put on it what I please.

Trying to bum every body out becouse you assumed something and wish nothing but the worst for me and every one else that keeps lake Erie fish by the sounds of it all.. why?

Again, I put up a fishing report.. if you are truly concerned about educating the anglers on this forum about the dangers of eating great lakes fish and inform those who dont know the ministry puts out a book of guide lines for consummation then start your own thread about it.
Six
I would find it hard to believe almost anything posted on media. I did a quick search and found controversial write ups stating that PFAS’s can be in almost anything in the food industry including the soil vegetables are grown in all the way to the packaging they are sold in. We all know that no one will put their thumb down on the commercial food industry. No doubt they are in the fish but don’t be fooled but the thought that anything sold commercially would ever be better.
The old boys had it figured out with their gardens, pickling, canning and home grown pastured animals!

Great fishing report @SIX-GRAND I’m also hoping to get out off of Glasgow on Saturday. First time to Erie this year so hopefully the stars align for u
Six Grand for prime minister is what I say!!!!

That's a great looking catch!
I have no worries as I would have to catch my "limit" of anything in order to eat it....and that's never happened.

"The Government" has told me that I will die of covid, climate change, eating hot dogs, drinking beer etc etc etc etc etc etc....
Everything will kill you so you may as well do something fun.

:)

You had a good fishing post on the go buddy untill it was turned into a general post. To bad that happens.

Well if it's just a reminder to the death of the group then why not put up your own thread about it and educate the folks.? Many of these anglers on the group aren't rookies.. hell some of them are creeping up on what looks to be a century! They know what they are doing when they going fishing and eat what the catch.

I manage to fish with an awful lot of good anglers and catch fish on the regular.. that shouldn't lead you to believe for a second that im eating more then a fish or 2 a year.. most of it is given away..80% of the trout/salmon for sure, not my flavor unless it's smoked.
lot of old fisherman that wish they could still go out and catch there own but can't.. so I'll gladly do for them. Gifts man! No gas money or chip-ins on what it cost to fish.. just give it away.

Heres the break down from yesterday's catch .. 2 anglers..even split on the catch(always). Buddy don't smoke fish and niether do I..but I know a guy.. He won't take money from me to smoke them he only ever wants a fish or 2 for his service.. he will probably take 3 sides. That leaves 7 left.. Split 3.5 each. I'll keep the .5 and give the rest of my share away and what buddy does with his I don't give a rats ass.
Walleye went fast..taker on the 1st txt.. " Want a few fresh fish, you will have to clean them your self..?" Gone just like that.

I'm a fishermen. Its all I like to do. I don't golf or watch care races or go to the county fair's or shit like that.. I just fish. All my spare time goes to fishing and all my spare fish goes to who ever gets it first. Its nothing to cook 8lbs of walleye and have not a piece left once I invite a few people over. No charge for that either. My only fee ever is "be grateful, put me in your prayers and hope I catch more so we can do it again".
Maybe that's why I get to post what you call "limits every 4 days".. or maybe it's becouse I go fishing when ever the weather is good enough to go. Nature waits for no man.

I posted a fishing report about fishing in LPB on stomps channel6-8 under FISHING REPORTS to shared my results/findings for those who would like to know about such things. It appears there are a fair ammount of anglers that like to know these things.
Just Leave it alone if its not for you and don't worry self or assume how much I'm eating.. It's my table and I'll put on it what I please.

Trying to bum every body out becouse you assumed something and wish nothing but the worst for me and every one else that keeps lake Erie fish by the sounds of it all.. why?

Again, I put up a fishing report.. if you are truly concerned about educating the anglers on this forum about the dangers of eating great lakes fish and inform those who dont know the ministry puts out a book of guide lines for consummation then start your own thread about it.
Excellent post and excellent fishing report..as always.
I think most everyone on this site is well aware of contaminants in lake fish, and adjust their consumption ammts to their own liking.
Our household eats a lot of game..fish, venison, moose, grouse..and store bought meats and vegs. Like its been pointed out, store bought foods can be loaded with contaminants..try some of the cheap basa fillets or shrimp from Vietnam or Thailand which are farmed in sh*t soup. Tuna and imported salmon including canned can be high in mercury and other contaminants..but the exporting countries do little if any testing.
You can buy "organic" vegetables but wtf is that? A quote..."
Are organic foods worth it?

"There is no strong evidence that suggests organic food is better for you. That said, organic farming may be good for the environment and can reduce your exposure to pesticides. But, ultimately, eating more fruits and vegetables is more important for your health than choosing organic options.Feb 3, 2023"

So, eat healthy..fish, vegs, fruit. Get out fishing and hunting and breath whatever air is available. That kind of lifestyle will give you many more healthy years than sitting around worrying..which is what kills more people than anything else.

The whole world is polluted. The stench of BS seems to be centered around Queens Park and Parliament Hill in Ontario. The runoff from that is killing the rest of us slowly. That's why we have opened the flood gates on immigration. We are all being replaced so a few contaminates from a nice tasty perch dinner does not really make much difference.

I am bummed out. Reading all this plus re-reading about Stomp's plasma TV has me looking for a rope.

Thanks channel 68.

I am bummed out. Reading all this plus re-reading about Stomp's plasma TV has me looking for a rope.

Thanks channel 68.
Please don't look for a rope. The only thing we should be hanging around here is our plasma TVs over the fireplace then our straw hats when the job is done.

Back