Jiggin the "D"

reeldrag

Fished the D with @big rod and another buddy for the final jig of 2015
Walleye are there as the weekend went by the silver bass invasion has started to take over
Time to start drowning worms in the lake
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Thanks again @big rod
Can't wait till it starts again next year

We made a quick run last Thursday & Friday too. We gave Colchester a try Thursday morning just because we felt like it but, as suspected, there wasn't much happening just yet. We went too far West I think and only managed one fish so we fished the D Friday morning. There were tons of smalleyes (14-16") which we threw back but we managed our limits of decent sized eaters by mid morning. As usual, my son outfished me by a wide margin but I'm starting to get used to it. The silver bass are definitely becoming a nuisance so I think your right.....bring on the lake fishing!

Maybe we'll catch up with you guys again down the west end sometime soon (unfortunately I have to miss fishing the first two weeks of June to go to Hawaii but I guess I will have to deal with that).

Last edited:
great time of year for Hawaii for salt water great marlin and sails that time of year FYI, look into the bone fishing as well i hear stories. thats if you can afford it i thik its off the charts expensive there for charters

great time of year for Hawaii for salt water great marlin and sails that time of year FYI, look into the bone fishing as well i hear stories. thats if you can afford it i thik its off the charts expensive there for charters

We may sneak into the Dirty Dozen Marlin tourney out of Kona on June 6th....we got to go for free last year through a friend and we're working on it again....obviously a report will follow if we make it out. I will still miss the walleye on the west end of Erie of course but this may ease the pain a little!

Don't worry @G.Mech there will be eyes to be had well into July
Fish are just getting going in the lake (another late spring )
Besides there are two more weeks of May :D:D:D

Man those eyes sure has my taste buds working O.T. A fantastic few days @reeldrag. That @bigrod sure knows his river and Pickerel jigging. I have never tried the D but I hear there sure is a real skill needed to keep that presentation vertical in that current. I love how the colours of Pics differ so much across the our waters. In western NYI they call Pics Yellows, there isn't any yellow on the "D" Walleye from what I can see. Can you imagine someone listening to a conversation about 1 fish and using a 1/2 dozen names for the same critter? Pickerel, Eyes, Pics, Yellows, (Western NY), Perch Pike (Illinois), and of course Walleye. Are there any other names for them ? I say Tasties.

I would imagine jigging on the Detroit would be similar to trying to use a jig on the upper Niagara, not so easy. I'm also told the water is wet too, eh @stomp?

Good luck in Hawaii, talk about expensive? Hawaii has the market cornered for expensive. But it is paradise for sure. Enjoy @G. Mech.

Good luck in Hawaii, talk about expensive? Hawaii has the market cornered for expensive. But it is paradise for sure. Enjoy @G. Mech.

Well if I wasn't staying at my friend's cottage I wouldn't be going....it is pretty expensive otherwise.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks