JawJacker?

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
I saw this deal from Cabela's in my inbox this morning.

What's a JawJacker and why do I need one?

Well, they are on sale today @Three Bouys , "Wild Wednesday"
That just makes me even more to have one or two @stomp
Went to Costco today to buy anti fatigue mat. We had in our flip hut nine of those 24”x24” interlocking mats and were a pain in the ass setting them up. Costco had a mat 80”x40” that was perfect. So I bought 2 of them and they can be easily rolled up and stored in our tandom tow behind slides.
My little project converting the gas auger over my 20 volt SDS hammer drill didn’t pan out. In drill mode it would cut out as if the battery was dead. Did some research on it and that model is best suited for hammer drilling and not turning an auger, too much load on the motor. Needles to say we have gone back to gas power.77D030ED-B581-4875-BD32-18A9626BC4A9.jpegFB126CAA-36D0-4CA7-88A8-FD1C37B65452.jpeg

Heading up to nippissing this weekend and found a video online of how to make your own. I was able to make 2 of them last week for 30 bucks and a coat hanger. So it basically paid for my beer for this weekend and you can play around to make it more or less sensitive to being tripped

Attachments

• 20220127_073449.jpg
    20220127_073449.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 32
In the past when I've bought something at Cabela's Canada full price and then it went on sale a few weeks later, I've called Cabela's any they've reimbursed me the difference via gift card they mailed to me. It was a quick phone call, maybe 5 minutes to sort it out after being on hold for a bit.
My understanding is that you can get the sale price 30 days from when it was advertised. So even if you miss a sale, you can call and they'll give you the deal.
I've had my frustrations too with Cabela's/Bass Pro, but that's pretty tough to beat.

@Walter Fishonn let us know how it works out and if you like the homemade Jawjacker.

On a side note I found one made by celsius at a local store in Brantford, happy variety. I believe it was $37.99 and made of aluminum. The name on the package is the "auto tamer". Not many reviews out there. Can't wait to test it out.

Last year, between hard and soft water seasons, I Frankensteined my own version of the JJ using an old wood board HT flag release rod holder. Seemed promising, though a bit violent on the hook set, lol

Attachments

• IMG_2662.MOV
    46.1 MB
Yeah i think I have mine dialed in good that there has to be enough pull to trip it but shouldn't go off if just getting a light nibble. Just don't want it to be trying to set a hook and ripping the bait away too early.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks