It could always be worse

jamieharrower24

If you did get out on the water and didnt catch anything.......atleast you got out. This happened in Port Dover yesterday. Im impressed with how he took the time to take his shoes and socks off lol.

IMG_1324.thumb.jpg.a76871fdd766a1007536b7a70702906a.jpg

How in Hell can that happen? No way, wow. That must have been entertaining. Any idea how that happened?

Port of Dover *

A completely different country but still an interesting shot. Have to think that boat is a little too big for that car...

just a guess? backed boat in without un-doing any straps, boat not floating off trailer so continued to reverse untill boat floated trailer and rear of the car and front end followed down slippery ramp??

Seen this happen a few times and usually because someone gets out of the vehicle before putting in park and using emergency brake. Incline of the ramp everything is in the drink before you know it. Seen it happen with even a pick-up truck with a camper on the bed, once it starts rolling it's goodbye. :rolleyes:

Port of Dover *

A completely different country but still an interesting shot. Have to think that boat is a little too big for that car...

No that's our Port Dover, plus the OP said his buddy was there to see it.

The weight of the boat and trailer plus a slippery ramp may have pulled that little car into the water. I don't see many boats trailered behind small cars like that anymore. Not like the days when a family car could weigh more than the boat.

some guys just go way to fast at the ramp and this could be a result?... on the flip side the car is a 4 door mid size sedan..even if the car has a 6 cylinder engine it is undersized/powered for a 17 to 18 ft heavier fibreglass boat loaded in the 2000+ lb class

I put a new hitch on my girl friends ford taurus 6 cylinder to pull my small 14.5 ft aluminum lund boat...it pulled the boat on the hwy ok...but there was no gas savings at all compared too trailering the same boat with my Ford F150 5.4 litre 4X4 it cost the same amount of fuel to go the same distance ...i thought there would of been a gas savings using the car from using my truck??...but i think the added weight and resistance increasing the RPM on the 6 cyl. engine reduces mileage performance..traveling less kms per litre thus using alot more fuel to go the same distance...i would like to hear from someone else to comment on an significant fuel consumption increase trailering boats with a car

hopefully the owner of the car has coverage for an auto insurance claim...yea but i wonder what the fine print says...lol

I used to tow my 17ft pictured with a mazda 3. Pulled great, never had a problem, and I swear it pulled the boat out of the water as well as the F150 I use now. I do agree on gas. I will argue it would actually be cheaper to pull with the truck as far as fuel consumption goes. The $50k in capital would take a lot to pay off though vs the gas savings.

Pulling anything @mick with a 6 cylinder is going to wear that car down I would think. A buddy pulls a 21 foot StarCraft with his small GMC Canyon 2 wheel and the tranny went at 70,000 K under warranty. He had to fight long and hard to get GM to cover the loss. Far too much stress on the drive train.

I saw the same picture on another forum, the poster said the guy jumped out of his car while it was still in reverse

No that's our Port Dover, plus the OP said his buddy was there to see it.

The weight of the boat and trailer plus a slippery ramp may have pulled that little car into the water. I don't see many boats trailered behind small cars like that anymore. Not like the days when a family car could weigh more than the boat.

Yes its 100% our local Port Dover, anyone whos been there knows from the pic......and also Port of Dover is in the UK.......never been but pretty sure there are no left hand drive Pontiac Bonnevilles over there pulling a Ontario made Peterborough boat....... Im thinkin Quinn had on his wrong glasses when he posted that lol

after a few trips I realized the increased fuel consumption & stress of trailering my 14.5 foot lund boat with the ford taurus I stopped using the car and I use my truck...it was just common sense on the cars reduced performance...Thats what I bought the truck for was recreation trailering all my toys ...so that was that

whatsthepoint...that is overkill pullin a starcraft with the undersized canyon...was the starcraft boat the islander...which was a classic aluminum fishin boat back in its time...there still around...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks