ISO Dog

anonymoose

Looking for a puppy. Prices are crazy anywhere so hoping to find a reputable breeder. Used to retrievers but open options, any help is appreciated.

I started pup shopping prob a yr before the old boy's passing, what I found is if you see a dog that interest you, jump on it. Of course watching price and breeding ect, forget puppy mill's, at todays pricing, everybody's breeding dogs.
Think as C-19 vaccines someday finally get out, alot that got dogs, will change direction, as working at home isn't what it was sold as, and owning a hound is in the way. They're be alot of good dog's to be re-homed.
If you follow the usual add chains, you can already see it, many are hoping to get their investment back, watch that, you, if you choose are helping them,
PS don't buy pups from Norwich, Mt Elgin or Salford, those are mill's

My Stella’s days are nearing their end,
When I got her 12.5 years ago I found her on kijiji for $350 from a farm in Blyth
I’ve looked a few times in the last few months and don’t even know where I’d start. prices have changed drastically, and it’s hard to know if puppies are from an ethical source... I like the idea of rescuing a dog that’s been abandoned but I also very much enjoy the puppy weeks and months and the bonding and training that is really important at those ages.

We got our current dog 12 years back from someone who couldn't handle him as a pup. He's a golden retriever mutt/mix.

Prices are insane right now that's true. I have a friend that just sold a litter of 10 mutts at 3K apiece, a year's income for many. But that said if I want to get a pup while my old boy still has the energy to deal with it, it has to be soon. Definitely interested in rehoming another dog as well. Any leads are appreciated.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks