Is Dipsy colour important?

ELGuapo

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I have recently started using dipsy divers and been following the advice of everyone on here, but have not seen much on colour selection How important is colour on the diver? and if so what colours should I be using?

I've had good luck using my lime green deeper diver. So far anyways it out performs my purple diver every time.

I have recently started using dipsy divers and been following the advice of everyone on here, but have not seen much on colour selection How important is colour on the diver? and if so what colours should I be using?
When the fish have the feed bag on I dont believe colours come into play because they will hit pretty much hit anything you throw at them...but that being said when they're a bit finicky that's when colours come into play. .My go to colours are black and dark purple they have been very consistant in all scenerials...plus I find you get less junk fish with them most likely reason the colours are more subtle and they cant see them as good as the walleye.

I have my personal preference, but nothing is the standout ultimate hands down winner.

Some days the oddball out fishes the personal choice.

Want a true argument, put hooks on your dipsys and forget the lures, you'll soon know which dipsy out fishes the other. Lol

We did the trolling 101 class at grimsby tackle, last spring perhaps?? One of the pro tips was to match your dipsy and lure, green with green etc. I only have 3x #1 dipsys, firetiger, darker green and glow. So matching is not really an option. I do find of those 3, the darker green seems to do best. Guys on here all seem to say black and copper are your top choices. Ben

I didn't catch anything on a dipsy until the good people on this forum suggested to colour my green dipsy black. Since then 130' back on # 3 setting with a greasy chicken wing spoon has caught 90% of my walleye.

For salmon and bows I think it would matter. Walleye not so much. I’ll run up to 6 dispeys at a time when fishing, one gold, one firetirger, one pink, one black and 2 green. And I cannot say I’ve ever noticed one being a whole lot better than the others. Even if say the bite is on pink spoons the and I’m running all pink lures the pink dispey won’t outproduce the others. However I do notice most of my bows seem to come off the gold dispey over the other colours

More than half of my walleyes came on the same rod with a silver dipsey on 3 off the port side corner and either greasy chicken or Pink panties. Just to test my theory I moved the same setup on the starboard side and it did not produce as much. I have stopped asking the gods “Why?” and just reproduced what works. Experiment, experiment.

I have been experimenting with dipsey color for quite sometime... I've matched dipseys to spoon face color and to spoon back color with great success... Mind you though... Dipseys always fired when i used straight black as well...

Confidence is your best choice ALWAYS... Speed, settings and leader length can all be experimented with... ;)

I’ve always run the clear ones - thinking it’s the lure I want them to hit! Lake O and Lake E.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks