Interesting Read

If they think the fishing is better on the Canadian side they are obviously not reading our 68 reports.
Lol!!! 100 percent!

I blame it on Trump.. the fall guy for everything wrong in the world. That’s what we do.

Or..: could it be “plan 2014” flooding legislation. (google it)

Plan 2014 has also flooded bass, smelt, ailwife and other spawning habitats. implemented 4 years ago... the results are being seen now, this year

Agree @Wave Runner , each outing got limits and some , only got out 4 times this year due to work and winds , but made up on lake Ontario on windy days on Erie
Beside its not about the destination but rather the journey
Now I'm going to hit a small inland lake for smallmouth and walleye this afternoon, since once again winds are keeping me of Erie

Or..: could it be “plan 2014” flooding legislation. (google it)

Plan 2014 has also flooded bass, smelt, ailwife and other spawning habitats. implemented 4 years ago... the results are being seen now, this year
Water level management at Montreal and Cornwall will have 0 impact on lake Erie. Winds, water temps and bait - absolutely. Spring water levels as a result of run off, dry winter, possibly. The estimated walleye count in the lake is still near all time highs. And many parts of the lake had a great year as @Wave Runner mentions Burwell was slow but Bruce and Stanley were hot. The fish were deep early this year. That makes me think water temps as the primary reason.

Last edited:
Water level management at Montreal and Cornwall will have 0 impact on lake Erie. Winds, water temps and bait - absolutely. Spring water levels as a result of run off, dry winter, possibly. The estimated walleye count in the lake is still near all time highs. And many parts of the lake had a great year as @waverunner mentions Burwell was slow but Bruce and Stanley were hot. The fish were deep early this year. That makes me think water temps as the primary reason.
I agree with the water temp. This year we registered 77 degrees in 60 plus fow ( Port Stanley). Last year we caught fish in 35 to 45 fow and the temp was around 70 degrees. Put a lot more fuel through the big engine this year as compared to last year.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks