interesting Question

yes as long as you did not target the species caught and you released it unharmed and in a timely manner. No live well ect. Also there must be a open season you are participating in at the time.

So what if you catch a fish that is out of season and it was not a target fish and it swallows the hook
can you be charged if a C.O. seen this happen.In my opinion i think the fish would have a better chance
of living after a pic then having a hook ripped out

I caught a fish out if season took a quick picture then released the fish. C.O
Came over to me checked out all my tackle to make sure I just had perch tackle which I did so then I showed him the pictures of the out of season fish and all he said is that no pictures just a quick release and off he went

I was wondering the same thing, when all the muskie pics were on earlier.
I didn't think you were allowed to take a picture, just unhook the fish and release.
Now if your buddy in the boat just happened to snap a pic as you were lifting it up and out of the boat...

Are there really fisher women like that? I'm thinkin not to many.
Wish I knew one. Cheers

After seeing the pic of the bASS, I will definitely say "YES" you can take a pic of a out of season fish. There is nothing in the regulations that state, you cannot take pics of out of season or slot limit of fish. It does state that you must put the fish back in a timely manner and for the split second it takes to take a pic, I would hardly think it would do any harm to recovery time for the fish when you are supposed to hold onto the fishes tail in the water until the fish is able to be revived and a safe release is done( the fish swims away). There is something that mentions about live wells in the reg's, but my guess is that it would be related to "tournament fishing" and I have never heard of anybody getting a ticket for a "PIC"!!!!! Even if you have tackle with you that may represent you targeting a specific fish, as long as it is not on your line and you don't "admit" your going for that particular fish species ,then your o.k. !!!

Hey @ grass island, how did you get that pic of my ex wife? She told me she hated fishing.

A timely manner doesn't include the time to take a pic, simple as that, it is time wasted, they never say cheese. The CO would have to be a really sharp Agent like Maxwell Smart to find that you took the time to take that pic, unless you showed him/her the foto.

To get a bit serious, If I'm fishing for big Cats on the river with a circle hook and a OOS Bass takes it and I let it run before tightening the drag I guarantee you shes gut hooked. So now I have an OOS Bass with a #5 hook in her belly. What is a timely release? Open mouth surgery? I think best to cut the line as close to the hook as possible and release her. It happened last year. Did it live? Probably not, but it is the best one can do I believe. The question is what can be deemed a timely manner? That is why we have 2 pages of lawyers here in a county of 47,000. The judge gets to decide. That is if the Crown ever puts a fish on the docket before a crack bust in Dunnville, not likely.

Where did you get her pic?

Hey @ grass island, how did you get that pic of my ex wife? She told me she hated fishing.

A timely manner doesn't include the time to take a pic, simple as that, it is time wasted, they never say cheese. The CO would have to be a really sharp Agent like Maxwell Smart to find that you took the time to take that pic, unless you showed him/her the foto.

To get a bit serious, If I'm fishing for big Cats on the river with a circle hook and a OOS Bass takes it and I let it run before tightening the drag I guarantee you shes gut hooked. So now I have an OOS Bass with a #5 hook in her belly. What is a timely release? Open mouth surgery? I think best to cut the line as close to the hook as possible and release her. It happened last year. Did it live? Probably not, but it is the best one can do I believe. The question is what can be deemed a timely manner? That is why we have 2 pages of lawyers here in a county of 47,000. The judge gets to decide. That is if the Crown ever puts a fish on the docket before a crack bust in Dunnville, not likely.

Where did you get her pic?
I took it when you were at work.;):ROFLMAO:

By the time you real in that out of season fish, another fish (blue gill, gobie, rock bass) can come in and wipe out a nest.
CO'S are not stupid people, they know the people ripping 5 pound pregnant bass off their beds in the spring arn't really pike fishing.
Its a dangerous game to play.

Dat bASS is a beauty for sure, I agree with a quick pic couldn't hurt. Also like Leaky Hull said, a split second is all it takes. During work I drove past Pittock lake today and seen a few boats throwing in 3' of water right near weed beds. Some how I doubt they were fishing for pike. Tis be a shame.

2 weeks after the opening off pike I was fishing below Pittock dam. Using a large red and white bobber, 12 inch steel leader and a 4 inch sucker minnow. Was I targeting Bass or Pike?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks