Off Topic Instaling a kicker on Trophy Pro

killshot

I bought a 2004 trophy 2052WA last fall. It came with a Honda 9.9 4 stroke tiller pull start, not yet installed. I live near Nixon.

Any suggestion as to who I can get to install it? I have the bracket and want it hooked up the the main gas tank ( to save space). I also would like the Easysteer installed as well. I am going to install the Itroll myself.

Not sure if your technically inclined but if install isn’t included on a new purchase like in your case, I’ve been told they are fairly easy to hook up. Parts for the fuel water separator etc are like 80$. But if not super comfy with that I get it. Extreme marine is less then an hour from you and is easy to deal with. Good luck!

Inboard or outboard for the main motor? Is there room on the transom if and outboard to install it without a bracket? If not, the brackets are fairly easy to install. If you do it yourself make sure to use stainless steel boats and get marine caulking and put some in the drilled holes and on the bolts when installing them.
For the gas connection to the main, get a 3 way value and you should be good to go. The kicker itself should have a fuel filter on the inside so that should cover you there. Google can help you achieve all of this.

willisride,

I do most of my own mechanical work and have a large shop to work in but I have never installed a kicker and the thought of drilling holes in the wrong place lies quite heavy on my mind.

rockin-steelhead,
Is is an inboard/outboard.

willisride,

I do most of my own mechanical work and have a large shop to work in but I have never installed a kicker and the thought of drilling holes in the wrong place lies quite heavy on my mind.

rockin-steelhead,
Is is an inboard/outboard.
For sure! Totally get it. Hopefully the shops are reasonably priced for ya. ??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks