inner bay

meridian

Looking to try the inner bay tomorrow for perch ,which ramps are open. Yes I do know where the sanctuary is.

First people are not restricted from fishing in sanctuaries. I have asked a few folks I have seen in the sanctuary only to find out they were FP and had the right to do so.

Not sure I understand the reasoning of anybody wanting to fish in the sanctuary when the reason is for the long term sustainability of the species. A lot of things I don’t understand anymore

First people are not restricted from fishing in sanctuaries. I have asked a few folks I have seen in the sanctuary only to find out they were FP and had the right to do so.
You are partly correct. Yes they can fish there . Iam a holder of a valid FP card although I respect the fishing laws and have a valid license. I dont mind buying a fishing license as helps support the fisheries. I abide by the limits and open close seasons. Never been asked to produce it as I never needed to. The actual law is the FP fishng or hunting if from out a area must obtain permission from the first persons council to do so. My status is from out of province and I have not obtained permission from the local band to fish their waters. Hence why I respect it. So it all depends where your from and if you obtained permission. The MNR is aware of this. Good lesson though, just cause you saw something doenst make it illegal.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks