Inner bay Sunday

Yakfisherman

The bay was fairly rough Sunday , blowing out of the east so we headed down towards booths , the girlfriend and I to see if we could get a couple pike , she finally has something on after I boated a couple large mouth , and it’s putting up a good fight so I start paying more attention, after a couple runs she finally gets it close , I was expecting to see a nice size pike , at first glance I wasn’t sure what she had until it finally held still for a second, 25 inch dogfish / bowfin I haven’t caught one in the bay in probably 25 years IMG_4864.jpegIMG_4863.jpeg

The bay was fairly rough Sunday , blowing out of the east so we headed down towards booths , the girlfriend and I to see if we could get a couple pike , she finally has something on after I boated a couple large mouth , and it’s putting up a good fight so I start paying more attention, after a couple runs she finally gets it close , I was expecting to see a nice size pike , at first glance I wasn’t sure what she had until it finally held still for a second, 25 inch dogfish / bowfin I haven’t caught one in the bay in probably 25 years View attachment 78989View attachment 78990
Good catch.. and they pull well. Caught a few in the bay in the last few years as well.

Last year I caught 6 doggies in two days, out in front of Collins. They sure are fighting buggers, two that I got had VERY bright green on them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks