Inner bay perch

Went out Saturday on a dull windy day and anchored in 9’ of water in front of Port Rowan. Caught a few 12” perch and some smaller ones too. Enough for supper.
interestingly caught 5 small smallmouth bass too. All first year so they went back. Nice to see some nice perch in the inner bay.

What did you use and if minnows where did you get them thx in advance

I was out Sunday evening as well, the perch are definitely on the move back into the bay, and they ate about a 50/50 mix of worms and shiners.

Attachments

• IMG_20200906_1935318.jpg
    IMG_20200906_1935318.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_20200906_1935309.jpg
    IMG_20200906_1935309.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 274
Oh that’s neat what is that
Its my portable fish camera I use for ice season, I'll drop it down from time to time over the boat to see what is going on. Sorry for the picture quality as I took a photo of the screen with my cell. My fish finder was blank, no fish were biting and just as I was about to pull anchor and try another spot we saw in real time the perch moving in.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks