inner bay perch

smally21

wednesday 9-1 pm around ec10 picked up lots of little guys. was never 'crazy' but steady. started off went 40 dinks without a keeper! did get a few biggies one over 14". little minnows from hwy 24 were working well. very generous with the scoops thank you!
rain held off til early afternoon.

the surprise cath were a pile of largemouth??? at about 3"s....

Same result for us on Wed, Thurs quite a bit better.
Don't like to see all those -- cormorants though.
Are there no perch out in front of Turkey Point post office?

We were out at ec-10 thursday as will managed 2 dozen keeper and lots of little ones as well.

angler..... no what you mean about the cormorants there wasn't room for another one on the marker , you can bet they had a belly full of perch !!![:(!]!!! ,should have a open season on them [}:)]!.................apps

Cormorants are a huge problem. I remember a thread on another board and a fellow noted a group of them decimating a school of fish off of Port Elgin.

Open season would be good but what to do with the corpses as I understand they aren't the best table fare. It would just be a flat out culling and all kinds of crap would hit the fan if that were to happen. I think all that can be done is to continue to oil the nests and try to keep them under control.

my two cents

Rob

Back