inner bay perch

smally21

wednesday 9-1 pm around ec10 picked up lots of little guys. was never 'crazy' but steady. started off went 40 dinks without a keeper! did get a few biggies one over 14". little minnows from hwy 24 were working well. very generous with the scoops thank you!
rain held off til early afternoon.

the surprise cath were a pile of largemouth??? at about 3"s....

Same result for us on Wed, Thurs quite a bit better.
Don't like to see all those -- cormorants though.
Are there no perch out in front of Turkey Point post office?

We were out at ec-10 thursday as will managed 2 dozen keeper and lots of little ones as well.

angler..... no what you mean about the cormorants there wasn't room for another one on the marker , you can bet they had a belly full of perch !!![:(!]!!! ,should have a open season on them [}:)]!.................apps

Cormorants are a huge problem. I remember a thread on another board and a fellow noted a group of them decimating a school of fish off of Port Elgin.

Open season would be good but what to do with the corpses as I understand they aren't the best table fare. It would just be a flat out culling and all kinds of crap would hit the fan if that were to happen. I think all that can be done is to continue to oil the nests and try to keep them under control.

my two cents

Rob

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks