inner bay july 7

zxninja

With the Lake on the rough side, I decided to give the bay a shot for a few hours Tuesday morning. Launched out of the P.P. at 7am and fished till 11am. Started a drift straight out of the park in 6.5 fow. A salt and pepper tube was first on the list with little success. There were a few small followers and only one 1.5lb smallie taken. After an hour drift I decided to try flipping some plastics into the reeds for some LM. With the winds so high, it was just a little too hard to control the boat for that type of fishing and I feel I was spooking any would be takers. I only managed one LM about 2lbs out of the reeds in about 3 fow. So, it was back to the drift one more time looking for a decent smallie. The winds seemed to have picked up and I was having trouble getting contact with the bottom, so I decided to throw a chartreuse 4" twister on the perch drop shot rig I had laying areound the boat.....3/4oz bell sinker with the hook 8-10" above it. That seemed to do the trick and it managed to intice three more smallie to come for the ride, again, all in the 1.5lb range. Not the best morning out there, but enough to keep me happy and a hell of a lot better than working.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks