Inner Bay - July 4

Jello

Launched at 0630 and headed out near the channel. Too many other boats for my liking, but I tried a jerk bait for a drift. Landed one smallie, maybe a pound.
Headed in to the shallows for largemouth. Ended the day with 15 in the boat. Lost two due to my failure in pulling them straight out of the grass before they turn, lol. Biggest weighed in at 4.2lbs (she was in 2' of water under a floating mat of weeds.). Most fish were 2lb clones. Three pike as well. It got busy out there with boats and jet skis.

It was my fist time launching at Shady Acres. Very nice place. Well organized. A lot of boats coming in at once and the fella gets everyone in line and gives you a golf cart ride to your vehicle. 👍

Last edited:
Glad you got into them. I was skunked on small mouth today. Never fished largemouth in cover, wouldn’t know where to begin. Good for you.

Glad you got into them. I was skunked on small mouth today. Never fished largemouth in cover, wouldn’t know where to begin. Good for you.

I think the largies and pike are all over in there
Pick a spot and start casting

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks