Inner Bay - attack of the pike

Jello

I was on the water at 0620 this morning. Headed to the usual Largemouth spots. Couldn't keep the pike off. Swim jigs, chatter baits, top water toads.... All pike. Lost count at 10. The bass were pulling a Houdini I guess. Caught a few small bass in another location and finally a couple decent ones out of the pads. The wind picked up before I got the idea to try some deep weed beds. Pike are fun though, no complaints. Seeing them smash a toad off the surface is pretty exciting.

I was on the water at 0620 this morning. Headed to the usual Largemouth spots. Couldn't keep the pike off. Swim jigs, chatter baits, top water toads.... All pike. Lost count at 10. The bass were pulling a Houdini I guess. Caught a few small bass in another location and finally a couple decent ones out of the pads. The wind picked up before I got the idea to try some deep weed beds. Pike are fun though, no complaints. Seeing them smash a toad off the surface is pretty exciting.
Never any shortage of pike in the inner bay, sounds like it was a good day regardless

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks