inline boards

meridian

How do you stop inline boards from sliding down you line .I have CHURCH WALLEYE boards , the only way I can stop them slidding is to wrap them around the clip a couple of times .
Then it makes it hard to tell if you have a bite, there as got to be some kind of clip to stop them slidding .(n)(n)(n)

had same issue sunday with my large church board but no issue with the smaller church wallleye board ....i tightened it up, but still slid...so think i will take clip off and add a ring with down rigger release

We
How do you stop inline boards from sliding down you line .I have CHURCH WALLEYE boards , the only way I can stop them slidding is to wrap them around the clip a couple of times .
Then it makes it hard to tell if you have a bite, there as got to be some kind of clip to stop them slidding .(n)(n)(n)
we run and bead on the main line then a swivel and the floro leader only sides to the bead which is 4 ft from the lure

thanks Mficsh2003, that was good reading.:):):)

Yeah, that bloodrun post is a must read for inline boards. I've been running 5 colours of suffix advance 832 leadcore, then 20 pound big game for the backing. Wrap once around the clip, and she doesn't slip, even in big waves. Adjust the tension on the tattle flag based on the lure's drag. Moving the weight forward is another must. Mine are at +2. I just modified my arms to bend them upwards this week and will test that this weekend.

Another tip I don't see often is if you're only running two rods, run them both on starboard. It'll be much easier to tell if a perch/bass is along for the ride when one of them falls behind the other.

But don't listen to me! lol, i haven't hit the eyes this season yet! :facepalm:

Church tackle has a new release that solves this problem cost is $!9.95 it is yellow in colour Angling Outfitters has them replaces old release .
Trust this helps you.

Sam, I have the same boards, I run braid, I run my line threw the clip and around the back of the clip once and it won't slip.
Just remember to unwrap the right direction taking the board off.

Back