Initial steps to reopen Ontario will be released this afternoon

Get Hooked

Published Monday, April 27, 2020 7:49AM EDT
TORONTO -- Ontario Premier Doug Ford is expected to unveil the initial steps towards reopening the province this afternoon.

The premier will be joined by Minister of Health Christine Elliott, Minister of Finance Rod Phillips and Minister of Economic Development Vic Fedeli at his daily news conference held at Queen’s Park.

Hopefully soon, nothing better than watching four Michigan boats out trolling by Holiday Beach this morning. Just awesome.

Much too early to be talking about opening stuff up IMO. Cases are still actively spreading and high numbers were hit this past weekend. 38 new cases were just found recently in CK at a pepper greenhouse, migrant workers whom have been here for uo to 18 months. I'm looking forward to relaxed rules just as much as anyone but if they f@#k it up we'll be right back in quarantine. Come on guys it's only end of April!!! Lots of time for fishing yet.

Disheartening that there is nobody to check their licences. They would bust our ass to kingdom come if we were fishing on the other side without a license or phoning in.

Disheartening that there is nobody to check their licences. They would bust our ass to kingdom come if we were fishing on the other side without a license or phoning in.

Who said they don't have a lic? And not required to phone in if you cross the water to just fish.. I heard today Canadian law enforcement were sending all American fisherman back across the border and telling them border was closed until further notice,

They know 98 % of the time they will not be checked which is true. When the MAN shows up they all phuck off to the US side. This morning trolling in front of Holiday Beach was another example, 4 Michigan boats, i was bird watching with my wife with good binos .........before all you lawyers start "how do ya know they were from MI ?" When the MAN shows up and checks a boat , BOOM,BAM ,BIFF KABONK , there gone.

We have no idea how many cases of covid have actually happened. Until we do wide spread antibody testing. I know the testing accuracy is called into question on these tests. Yes the data is from the US but it is the same disease as here.
Not sure I believe the article but I for one would like to keep an open mind and at least read all information.
Also for all the sky is falling people do some reading on Sweden's approach. Very different then other countries with a smaller disruption to their economy.

Chipper, thanks. Just stared I wish we had more MNR and OPP patrolling the waters and checking for licenses. If they have licenses, good on them.

You guys just crack me up ! You didn't even hear what's happening yet ! And the post was hijacked from the get go ! Whining about Yanks in our half of the river..... REALLY ? is this this something new ? Obviously some people have a hard time coping ?

As I post I'm listening to the Premier's game plan. Sounds prudent in regards to what numbers may happen. I'm happy to see the numbers going down but frankly until the New Cases hit zero I won't be happy or feel safe to think it's ok to go out and go back to "normal" ? As I just heard "the pandemic is far from over".
And may your God help you if you are listening or following what that buffoon of a leader to the south of us is spewing out to his people. At least our leaders are not playing a fiddle while watching Rome burn.

You guys just crack me up ! You didn't even hear what's happening yet ! And the post was hijacked from the get go ! Whining about Yanks in our half of the river..... REALLY ? is this this something new ? Obviously some people have a hard time coping ?

As I post I'm listening to the Premier's game plan. Sounds prudent in regards to what numbers may happen. I'm happy to see the numbers going down but frankly until the New Cases hit zero I won't be happy or feel safe to think it's ok to go out and go back to "normal" ? As I just heard "the pandemic is far from over".
And may your God help you if you are listening or following what that buffoon of a leader to the south of us is spewing out to his people. At least our leaders are not playing a fiddle while watching Rome burn.
Ya rigth ....

Attachments

• 20200428_065559.jpg
    20200428_065559.jpg
    530 KB · Views: 54
yes but our primer still buying defictave mask from china
[/QUOTE

Sorry for offending you during this time of crisis.There is help out there.

Attachments

• wambulance.jpg
    wambulance.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 50
Just wash your hands and keep a good distance from people and you will be fine.
I live in one of the larger buildings in London with 100s of people using the same space, I also have continued to work on new homes. We also decided to move during this time ( which sucks if you have ever tried to move an entire place full of stuff with just your Mrs to help). I have also had back yard beers with my brother and other friends. You are allowed gatherings of 5 or less as long as distancing is being done.
When you do the math and there is only 0.001% of the population of london has confirmed cases, half of them are recovered, other half are in long term care homes, the risk for the general public is small at this point.
Wash your hands, dont touch your face ( i have a bunch of fishing masks i wear that keep most of my face covered incas i do have an itch) keep a distance of 15 feet for all that it matters, enjoy the outdoors. You will realize that you will be fine and that life is not that bad.
Open up business and recreational activities! Allow non essential travel! Allow open camp fires! The hospital here in London is a ghost town. Our emergency services are not all tied up because of this.
The amount of homeless running around downtown who live i squaler are doing just fine, in fact i am pretty sure they have taken over downtown haha

Wambulance…. funny but I don't fall under any of that criteria. Is that thing parked in your driveway ? Besides … I'm not the one whining about boat ramps and Yankees in the river.

Yes,yes Ticker … politicians are puppets on a string but Big Rod's Waaaabulance was funnier.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks