Info for Fly In Fishing

Wolkovitch

Hey guys,

A buddy and I are thinking of doing a fly in fishing trip for the first time. We are looking around the Wawa area and have done some research with White River Air, Air Ivanhoe and a few others. Was wondering if anyone had any good spots to catch some trophy sized Pike, Walleyes/pickerel for some good eats and a chance at lake trout would be bonus. Trying to stay around the 10-11 hour driving range, 1200-1500 cost. Any Information/ experience would be much appreciated!

We go out of Twin Lakes Outfitters out of Nakina! It's around 14 hours north but Chad runs a top notch operation. He has around 10-12 different lakes to choose from..Lakers are caught usually in the spring but pickerel and pike are very abundant. There are a few lakes that have specs in them too...Check out their website //www.twin-lakes-air.com... you will not be disappointed I've been going up there for over 30 years.... you can check out my other posts from this year from The Kag,,,cheers

Air Ivanhoe, been there , done that and want to do again. long drive.....

Mike Borger is a great resource. Search, “Canada Fishing Guide.” Nakina will have better options for trophy pike than White River or Wawa.

Leuenbergers out of Nakina. They have a lodge or many outpost camps as well to choose from. I have flown with them many times in the last 4 years fishing mid summer and moose hunting in fall.

Look into www.timberwolflodge.net Prior to Covid I had spent time up there working for Gary and Cindy. They are local people (Thamesford) owners and they will make your stay memorable. I stayed up there the first year for 7 weeks and the next year 8 weeks. You’ll drive as far as White River and stay the night, then in the morning drive to Hornepayne to catch your flight into Nagagami Lake.
If your interested in poke then you would have try what they call “Pike Alley”
There is only 4 species of fish to catch on this lake and pike is one of them, walleye, white fish and perch. The fishing is absolutely insane up there, especially the walleye. I’ve had the chance to drop a line every now and then just off the dock in 4’ of water jigging or bottom bouncing a jig tipped with a minnow.
I had @stomp up there once while I was there.
You just need to show up with clothing and fishing gear and everything else is supplied. They operate on the American Plan where all meals and living accommodations are supplied.
Good luck on choosing
Jim

Attachments

• IMG_1095.jpeg
    IMG_1095.jpeg
    292.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1058.jpeg
    IMG_1058.jpeg
    386.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5022.jpeg
    IMG_5022.jpeg
    381.1 KB · Views: 28
Mike is a heck of a good man, just ask him.

heres my #1 pick for starters is look at fishing Reindeer lake Saskatchewan

after you determine if trophy lake trout is important for you to pursue, then you got some great endless oppurtunities

for me i would need a 2 month fishing trip to Alaska I got a friend in Hearst he goes every summer..

make friends and fish and hunt with the locals,..I got plenty of experience armstrong gearldton longlac nestor falls lake of the woods...caribou lake..I actually liked fishing ice out lake & brook trout and i had one favorite river for specs..

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks