icefisherman?

binkley

just wondering if you have been on lake O lately I get there on the odd day and not since mid april (grimsby) looking for some tips on where might be the best option to goto. depth ect. I do not fish the tourney just looking to let the boy reel in some salmon any info would be helpfull I have riggers dipseys spin doctors and some flies. you always seem to enjoy a day with sucsess again any help would be helpfull. I am looking at going on sat. thanks Lee

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

quote:
Originally posted by binkley

just wondering if you have been on lake O lately I get there on the odd day and not since mid april (grimsby) looking for some tips on where might be the best option to goto. depth ect. I do not fish the tourney just looking to let the boy reel in some salmon any info would be helpfull I have riggers dipseys spin doctors and some flies. you always seem to enjoy a day with sucsess again any help would be helpfull. I am looking at going on sat. thanks Lee

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

Binkley,

Last time I went out was about week ago...
Here is a program I can suggest for 4 lines....One rigger 45 feet down the other one 60 feet down to start then play with the depth if no hits for an hour...I assume you'll be using spoons? NK's will work well....early before sunrise dark colors(green/black and purple/black) after sun rise change to brighter (blue/silver or monkey puke)....2.8-3.2 mph GPS speed 20-30 feet back from balls
If you have depth/temp probe 2.2-2.6 mph at the balls...they've been biting at faster speeds lately

Assume your dipsy lines are braid....200 to 225 feet back on #3
If wire you can do 125 feet back at #3...use flies if you have them... blue...green....with matching Spin Doctors

In front of Bronte, Oakville or PC will get you fish....100-160 fow

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks