Off Topic Ice report

Puddle Jumper

Has anyone heard of any safe (ish) ice or any huts anywhere.

Within 2 hours of Kitchener

I would like to get out fishing over Christmas

Wondering what cooks bay or lake Couchiching is like

There were some reports on couch having 3ish inches of good ice a few days ago. Then they were calling for a lot of snow that way, so I would think it ruined it, but haven't heard anymore.

North bay report from the kokemachine is done daily on you tube. Iffy ice. 5 inches and 2 inches beside it.

Blue ice report on cooks bay also on you tube. 100yrd ice at shore and the open water.

buddy of mine just sent me a picture of his lake 100kms north of Bancroft and its still mostly open...
and Its a fairly small, wind protected lake.

My farm pond looks "iffy" out here in Clear Creek but with the calm wind tonight and low temps I think the Inner Bay may freeze over. Unfortunately with the Big Storm coming that won't last long. I think Hardwater fishermen have to wait a wee bit more as we just started into Winter as of 1648 hrs EST today. That being said I notice my glass is empty and the ice almost all gone ... dang ! I must be sitting too close to the fireplace again ?

I seen hot box huts giving a report of 5 inches in 3ft water open off the shelf still but they were standing on it and a guy was skating by he was little close for comfort to the open water but wouldnt you be able to pull crappie in at least in 3ft water as long you bring a rod bait and an auger and spud out why not get some early fishing in right just dont bring your 300lbs buddy a hut heater and all your gear eh

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks