Ice Openings move dramatically overnight

Larry Lloyd

Heads up;The ice on the Bay has changed dramatically overnight. The Wind has pushed the ice towards Rowan and opened up from just west of St.Williams Light House all the way to Ec 10 and out the channel. The oldest ice at the east end by Booth's and St.William's seems still intact. Will post photo.

sawdust

Yo Fisherman; Were you out yesterday in blue tent with orange panels?
Here are two Picts taken this morning ,Wed March 6 , one looking west with St William's light house in it, the other towards EC 10.

2013_0305IceMovesmarch60025.jpg

2013_0305IceMovesmarch60027.jpg

sawdust

That was my buddy and myself in his homemade portable hut with orange panels. He caught 2 Pike and we both caught a good feed of Perch. Was lots of people out yesterday, but the bite was slow. I did see that crack and fished near it. I left my buddy and walked around looking for fish. I saw a bunch of guys strait out near that crack and went over to check out the bite there, caught a few then walked back to my buddy. We came off around 3:30 pm. Ice was good when we left. Just goes to show you how fast things can change.
Thanks for the heads up Larry

Yo Fisherman; How much ice was there where you were, on that older ice? It still looks OK where you were yesterday. I see a couple of guys on a quad just now. I think they got on from St. William's.

sawdust

There was good ice I'd say about 8"to9". I did see a guy yesterday drive by us going to-wards Turkey point area he went way out. With your heads up I don't think I'd be going out anymore. I heard winds were going to pick up today, not good if that ice moves from shore.

Larry, Thanks for taking the time to post the pic's. It's appreciated. (Even the lurkers on this board like them!) Huron.

Just watched the web cam at old cut, the water thats open has quite a ripple from the wind. Looks like it's coming from the north. Not good if the ice pulls away from St. Williams

Yo Fish Farmer; Sorry was calling you 'Fisherman' but, then again I guess you are! The wind event was last night ,woulda' have made the water in the Inner Bay to go up, down then up again and is what caused the ice to move. Wind's supposed to go light.Here is Wind/ Weather forecast for Long Point Lighthouse that someone from this board posted,thanks.Sure are a lot more Ducks, Geese and Swans around this AM. Spring Sprung?
http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/long_point_lake_erie

sawdust

Thanks for the pictures, Would be nice to get a boat out there and drift around:D. Looks like simcoe it is.

wabler

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks