Ice info and best starting point

Puddle Jumper

Planning on taking a couple first time ice fisherman down to longpoint Bay Saturday morning

Just wondering what the ice conditions are like after the mild weather and rain

Was planning on taking atv ...guessing no slush ?? But water ontop ice ?? Can anyone confirm

Deciding where we should park / start from

Old cut , Collins, or st.willy????

Was thinking old cut since one guy has to walk while other gets dropped off too drill holes and set hut up.

Not sure if have too hit old way points near ec10

Or if there is action closer ??

Not concerned about size . Would like the guys to get me good action..... would be more than happy if got dozen keepers for the group.

Any help I greatly appreciated

We fished most of the day out of St Williams 10 plus inches of ice. No problems with Atv just be cautious when you cross the crack some spots are sketchy at crack. Otherwise we did good a lot of sorting we were where the majority of huts all were. 5 buck parking at top of hill at St Williams.

Collins Harbour might have their shuttle going this weekend . Regardless lots of parking and we did well on the 10th about a mile and a half out

Thanks guys ...I just got word that my friends decided to not go and wait for another day.

I'm ok with that ...since just getting back from fishing the Thames near Chattam
( marked lots ...few hits...one guy got a perch and a white perch) but said it was surprisingly slow day .)

Guess I'll get me gear ready for next weekends quinte trip.

Thankyou very much for the replys

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks