Ice Hut Season

dawson29

Any of you ice hut owners have any tips to make sure an ice hut doesn’t grow into the ice over a season?:facepalm:

thanks.. your right a good jack will definitely be something I store in the hut. Anybody know if there are any rules keeping it close to the shore line for easy access

Lift the hut side to side. Do one runner at a time, heat with blow torch and wax the heck out of them. Bottom and sides, rough the bottom up if it isn’t already make sure that wax gets in there good. Wax is hydrophobic.. repelles water. Dollar store for large cheap candle or winners. You’ll be blown away how much easier it’ll pop out with a jack, sometimes even a good tug.
A lot will come off on the tow out on the bottom. But the sides of 2x4 have the most surface area.
And it helps the longevity of the wood.
Oh and put a support both under and behind when lifting.. lean it into a tree or something.
I’ve heard of other greases and oils people do but wax is biodegradable and cheap.
Cheers

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks