Ice Fishing???

Hit n Run

oHello out there...
With the cold weather this weekend do we expect to see any huts going out on the ice?
If yes, does anyone know of any operators who might be going out?
Thank you,
Hit n Run:)

Last edited:
Thursday after work inner bay froze over again but I'm not expecting it to stick around long enough to be safe 3 or 4 days isn't really long enough to make enough ice to be safe

I wanted to try there this weekend for whities so was talking to the owner of Bear Point Ice Huts on Kempenfelt Bay just this morning. He told me we have about 6 inches of ice and with the cold temps should be ready to go by the weekend as long as you're walking out.... ATV or snowmobile a no-no on barely 6 inches of ice. This guy was out on much less ice than that on Wed. in the dark of all things. No fish is worth your life, awful foolish way to learn a lesson and sorry to say it will only happen again. :(

Here's a satellite image from yesterday showing how much open water there is on Simcoe. With that much open water and the winds of 35 kph gusting to 51 kph forecast for Fri. into late Sat. the ice conditions can change to deadly in a heart beat. Anybody taking their family this weekend need to be very cautious of the ice for pressure cracks and openings especially by the shoreline. Myself I'm staying off because I want to be around in a week to fish soft water in Cuba. :)

upload_2016-2-12_14-51-58.png

Shore fishing and hopefully deep sea if I can find a charter. No ice so I need some fishing and the sun sure can't either. :)

Good luck in Costa Rica @Rex! (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks