Off Topic Ice Fishing Rod Recommendations

Speedy Turtle

Looking to upgrade my ice fishing gear this year, fingers crossed there's ice soon. What's a good all around ice fishing rod length/power? Will be fishing Erie and catching mostly panfish, but want enough power to handle larger fish like pike or if I hook up with a small to medium sized walleye if I go elsewhere. Will be fishing both inside and outside a tent. Thanks in advance

Rod length will depend on fishing outside or in a hut ?? How big your hut is ? And how many people or rods being used .

Shorter rods are easier to manage ... when room is limited

Ugly stick 24 - 26 " are good all around rods

I would recommend getting at least 3 rods
1 for perch & panfish
1 for walleye & pike
1 in between works for all species

This way you have a backup if have a major line tangle or loose one down the hole

New fenwick rods last year offer good value and performance, as mentioned the ugly stick is a great starting point

I agree with @Dmanwithnoname Lambeth rod and tackle had some selection of Fenwick, St Croix & ugly stick ice rods before he closed. I'll probably get back when he reopens on the 17th and tell my wife I got another cheap st Croix off Steve's "clearance rack" 🤫

Another vote for the Fenwick ice rods. Good feel/balance in hand and great sensitivity. I think mine are 24-26". Good value.

Has anyone used the 13 fishing tickle sticks?
I have 2 13 fishing tickle sticks. They work well and and the tip acts like a spring bobber. The only negative is that the tip will freeze up in cold weather so I generally use them inside a shelter or on warmer days.

I have 2 13 fishing tickle sticks. They work well and and the tip acts like a spring bobber. The only negative is that the tip will freeze up in cold weather so I generally use them inside a shelter or on warmer days.
Thanks for the reply 👍

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks