Off Topic Ice fishing floatation coat

mooner

I'm looking to get a floater coat, one that will work for late fall, early spring trapping from a boat and also for walking out ice fishing. any information from people actually using a floater coat will be appreciated.
Cheers
Mooner

I'm looking to get a floater coat, one that will work for late fall, early spring trapping from a boat and also for walking out ice fishing. any information from people actually using a floater coat will be appreciated.
Cheers
Mooner

I'm got this jacket from sail lastyear for ice fishing and it's nice and warm.

I have two breathable floatation jackets and both are not perfect.
Mustang Catalyst is good for a boat in the spring /fall but not very warm on ice. Little to no insulation especially below belt area. Canadian Coast guard approved .. Stryker Climate (no CCG approval sticker) the upper floating shell is very good -breathable, wind resistant, some insulation but the inner shelf is very heavy and not very breathable, but removable. I usually use the upper shell with ultra thin dawn jacket I got from my son who grew taller then me by a foot . That works great on ice.

Mustang catalyst is 50% off at Sail. Myself, I have a older mustang mc 1505. It offers a fair bit of warmth but is not a parka. You would want room for layers if walking on the ice.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks