Off Topic Ice Fishing Equipment Upgrade

Were you two alone and drinking in an ice hut at the time @Extra Virgin ?

Trailer Park Boys Drink GIF
I don’t drink any more, but I don’t drink any less!

Has anyone tried the Clam conversion kit to change a gas or manual auger to battery drill power? It looks good to me and potentially way less damage to my wrists running it?

Has anyone tried the Clam conversion kit to change a gas or manual auger to battery drill power? It looks good to me and potentially way less damage to my wrists running it?
If your talking about the clam plate and it sounds like you are, there great! Lots of guys running them these days. Few major benefits, not going to loose your auger down the hole. Takes the stress off your drill as the plate has a bearing built into the plate. And it's comfortable in the hands. You need a drill that has good amount of torque. I would imagine that most of the 18v hammer drills out there could do the job.

Yes for several years now. Buy with confidence, you can’t go wrong! The clam plate is excellent in every way!

Back