Ice Conditions

Juniorcarp

Curious if anyone has been down to long point and been on the ice checking thicknesses ?

Would love to go out this weekend but not interested unless it's safe .

I have not yet been contacted by Bayside or Granger about site sponsorship, so I'm guessing it's not quite there yet.

Checked the Old Cut web cam about 12:30 and there were a couple of trucks loading up their stuff off of Dickinson Creek.
I wouldn't think that it is thick enough yet to be out.
looked at North Bay Nugget and there was a truck and sled went through on Monday

Update - heard from Mike @Bayside Ice Fishing today. Bayside is again sponsoring Channel 6-8 this year, so I expect you'll see updates from them when they are up and running.

read an article in the local paper about having about 4-5" of ice inner bay as of yesterday.. may start putting rentals out early next week because of the wind this weekend

My buddy was at St. Williams yesterday just for a look see. He said know one was around but he said it was froze as far he could see, no open water.
He didn't check the ice, because he didn't want to go it alone but the ice looked clear of snow with the wind blowing.
I think I may giver a shot Monday or Tues.

16 inches of ice here!! 50k north of North Bay. Lots if cold beer, gourmet food and satellite TV to watch the Leafs lose!!!!! Life is great in the north.
Gas, Accommodations,food, hut rental, 5 hour drive their & back, for one 15" Walleye. $500.00 or more lighter pocket.
I'll fish St. Williams for big Pike and 15" Perch;):D
Got to agree about the north and the cold beer, but sometime you have to come to reality. And for watching the Leafs lose, we can see that every day. Sorry hockey fans:LOL:

I went out about half a km yesterday drilling holes all the way. There was 3-1/2-4" of clear blue all the way. Was gonna try it out today but school was cancelled so I turned into a babysitter instead. Oh we'll probably better not to risk the thinner ice for a meal.

Anyone going out to St. Williams please take afew pic's from around Bayside or Grangers for us a bit of a drive away. Thanks. Be safe! Huron.

Guys were walking out by light house in st Williams 2 days ago. Don't think they ventured out any further.

went for a drive today
8 huts out on wildwood and 5 were out at pittock should have went for a drive alone instead of with the family so i could have got a line wet

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks