ice conditions

kegman

Does anyone know how to find out ice conditions for northern ontario. I was just wondering how far I would have to drive to find ice.Thanks and have a merry Christmas

A bad days fishing better than good days work.

The Ontario Out of Doors forum has lots of info but you have to sign up I think. Here is a link to the Ice Fishing section:

http://forums.oodmag.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Nipissing is freezing up nicely (Callander Bay has about 6" I am told). Most of the areas North from there have fishable ice but anything South of there is not looking good for a couple of weeks yet.

Thanks that gives me a idea of what else is happening and Merry Christmas all

A bad days fishing better than good days work.

We are halfway between North Bay and Temagami, Norris Lake. Arrived Christmas Eve and drove quad over to island no problem. There's anywhere from 6 to 10 inches of ice where we are. Today we drilled 4 to 5 holes and are happily fishing away while watching the junior game from the cabin!!! Life is Good!!!!!!:D:D:D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks