Ice Bungalows

SonsOfPerchin

Hi everyone. Trying to plan a family ice fishing trip for family. Wonder if any one has any reccomendations on a outfitter up north that runs bungalows. TIA

Rob Hyatts for on ice bungalows on Nipissing, Greening Bay for onshore bungalows also on Nipissing. Have had a good time and good luck at both places in the past few years

I used to go to Anglers haven on Nippising but last 2 times I went fishing was terrible. This was 3 years ago so wasn't sure if with new regs there fish were coming back

Same recommendation as Jveri. I always find the best fishing is early January. Only issue with Nip is the slot limit. Only about 2% of pickerel are keepable but the average size has been improving. Theres also Perch & pike for fish fry.

Ya we always seem to catch pickerel but always in the slot but its still fun. We always seem to get enough perch and pike by end of the weekend for a fry

I used to go to Anglers haven on Nippising but last 2 times I went fishing was terrible. This was 3 years ago so wasn't sure if with new regs there fish were coming back

Fishing is better now than it has been in 20 years. That is backed by creel surveys. People are catching 3x more fish than in 2011-2012 per angler-hour. Don't mind the scientific terms, it's what the MNR uses to measure quality of fishing.

As for myself I've had the best summer ever on Nipissing, granted I've got the lake figured out now, but in the winter you will catch fish everywhere, if they're not biting, it's just a bad day.

Edit: Nipissing is great but Erie is also a beauty - with the quality of fishing on Erie this summer consider yourselves spoiled!

Nip ain't what it used to be that for sure . It's been run into the ground in recent years. Still it's hit and miss most days on the hard water . Enough perch and pike to eat but getting a keeper walleye is rare now. Fishing the west end near lavinge this year for walleye was horrible. Turning into a good big bass lake especially for largemouth and of course the muskie fishing has gotten better. Of your set on nipp try Glen echo or waltonian. Temagami not too much farther and has Lakers.

Nip ain't what it used to be that for sure . It's been run into the ground in recent years. Still it's hit and miss most days on the hard water . Enough perch and pike to eat but getting a keeper walleye is rare now. Fishing the west end near lavinge this year for walleye was horrible. Turning into a good big bass lake especially for largemouth and of course the muskie fishing has gotten better. Of your set on nipp try Glen echo or waltonian. Temagami not too much farther and has Lakers.

Have you ever had much success on the west arm for walleyes? Seems too shallow and far from spawning areas to seem any good.

E5960978-4431-4799-9C45-727247502D61.jpeg We used to have great luck island camping in the west arm when the pickerel were starting to move back to the main lake. Been going there off and on since 2006 or so. Haven’t been for a couple years though.

Last edited:
Soooo, back on topic, lol. I’ve been out with South Shore Ice Condos a few years. Garnet was an awesome host. On our last trip, we were not having much luck at the huts and so he took us to his later season shoal and drilled a whack of holes. We caught a nice bunch of perch and then as the sun started to set, the pickerel bite turned hot! Turned into a great day. Nipissing has had her ups and downs over the years for various reasons but all in all it’s still a great fisherie.

I ended up booking with Anglers Haven. When I went before bungalows were good just hope fishing is good enough to keep family interested

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks