Ice Breaker Off of Long Point

2Gun

Watched the ice breaker Griffon leading the way for the oil tanker Algosea off of Long Point last night and this morning headed west.

Here u go. Grabbed this out by Clear Creek this morning. Heading West for sure......Timing is everything!
Capture_zpsldx2twjo.png

Way too cold this morning to get out of the car! Also, wouldn't want to disturb any of the Icefishermen on the Lake Side, so early in the morning!

Both the Griffon and the Algosea have made it to the mouth of the Detroit river. The Algosea had been in Nanticoke on Sunday before stopping for some perch at Hastings (they claim they were stuck in ice however). Rumour has it that they limited out before moving off Big Dave's Perch grounds and are now targeting Big Rod's DR walleye stocks. Oil tanker, I think not!

Here's a neat link that allows you to follow ships all over the world. Good fun for a cold winter day.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/home

That's a pretty cool site G.Mech. I found a nice cruise ship that I put myself on for coffee this morning. :)

looks to be having a tough go at it today, earlier today griffon was guiding a ship to nanticoke then disappeared, now shown in daves perch fishing area, that must be some spot that there back again.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks