I need a link to boating regs that works.

Bassassin

We have had some discussions re: pleasure boating regulations. All my links to Transport Canada seem to be dead ends code 404? like most .gov sites.

One of the points of contention is that if you have a rope of 100 feet on an anchor you do not need a manual propelling devise like oars. On boat test.com it says nothing about an anchor and 100' of rope for a pleasure craft of less than 20 feet. How does an anchor and longer rope replace an oar? An anchored boat that is broken down is safer staying in one spot than drifting maybe?

What I need to be answered is the question of a light. Does it need to be a working waterproof light or does it need to float? I don't know the logic of having a light on a boat if it doesn't float, my oh my, I used the word logic which has nothing to with Canadian legislation. There are many questions that can only be answered by the documentation. What is meant by it is open to interpretation, that's why a county with a population of only 45,000 has an entire page of lawyers for hire.

Thanks,

Johnny D.

LOL:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:Just to be on the safe side,I have 2 anchors 100ft of rope,2 paddles an 3 floating lights with spare batteries:D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,when they check u must turn it on:censored:(back-up)have needed 2 anchors sometimes to sit on secret honey hole:) as for paddles (back-up):rolleyes::rolleyes::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: boat 4000lbs,you come paddle that sucker(y)John,when in dought pack it .$125.00 FINE PER ITEM if you don,t have it,an u can,t argue:censored:

Not to high-jack the thread but what of the bailing device ??? I was inspected two years ago and complied with all requirements but had to have fun with the guy!! When asked if I had a manual bailer I showed him the orange container that my "other" safety equipment came in and he said that was fine. I then asked him what good he thought it would do me ?? I pointed out that I was in a 17.5 ft. boat with a raised floor which was approx. 12 inches above the hull, by the time the water got to where I could bail it I would be watching the ship sink while treading water at a safe distance !!!! Even he had to laugh at my "logic"!!! Just saying that not all the rules make sense!!

Not to high-jack the thread but what of the bailing device ??? I was inspected two years ago and complied with all requirements but had to have fun with the guy!! When asked if I had a manual bailer I showed him the orange container that my "other" safety equipment came in and he said that was fine. I then asked him what good he thought it would do me ?? I pointed out that I was in a 17.5 ft. boat with a raised floor which was approx. 12 inches above the hull, by the time the water got to where I could bail it I would be watching the ship sink while treading water at a safe distance !!!! Even he had to laugh at my "logic"!!! Just saying that not all the rules make sense!!
LOL-I asked the same question on my in-laws PONTOON BOAT:cool:

That "bailing bucket " can be your most important safety item on board the boat. When you gotta go you gotta go but I don't want to be downwind when you do. I flipped the first time I went out on the water with Featherstone Ted. He was carrying a 5 gallon pail and a roll of toilet paper when he got on my boat. I said something about no way he was going to use that on MY boat, he said better than going in the bailing bucket and missing it. Oh man.

Manual propelling device (paddle/oar) OR Anchor with line min 50'. Until you get to the larger boats then 100'.
Flashlight does not need to be floating but only watertight.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks