I Found Bass!

Consequence Free

Yesterday, I went down to the boat down at LPB.....2 li'l perch, a rock bass, and a sheephead within 2 hours. Decided to head down to the cottage at Amherstburg, where I just spent some coin to get the family 4 hp Evinrude cleaned up and serviced after an 8 year hiatus and hooked it up to the 14' tinner (which has been covered in sand for as long!)
Not 250' off shore, I caught several sheephead (one over 5 lbs, and probably pushing closer to 7!)....beautiful fight.
But the piece de resistance came when I landed a 17.5" smallie.....and FAT! omg! It jumped 5 or 6 times before I finally net him....what a bull! When he was coming to the boat, 3 others, as big, were following up to the boat.
Used Gulp Leech. Great fight. 5 minutes later caught another, maybe pushing the 2 lb range. Wish I had a camera. Hoping to go back out again today. I'm sure the neighbours around thought "Who the hell is this guy whoopin' it up in front of the cottage....why's he fishin' here?!). Where am I fishing? Just outside the river mouth. Good luck to those who are still seeking bass. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks