I am a little dissapointed

Walleye

I am a little dissapointed.
we have the best ice that I have seen for quite a while. Every time I get a day off, it seems, there is a blow or snowstorm. I got out once so far and well my experience was much the same as most.

I love Ice Fishing. I don't know why, I just do. Some days I am a hero and some days a zero but I can't help my self.

I have gone from both sides of the Bay and believe all three operators to be genuine in their goal to put us on fish. They bust their asses off trying to put us on fish. It's in their best interest and ours.

The last three years have seen little Ice Fishing due to poor Ice conditions yet these operators have an investment as well as overhead. The shack or building to sell bait and arrange hut rentals. The big honking machine to haul our butts out there. Not Cheap. The bait. The Hut and HEAT. The auger, gasand oil to drill the holes. Oh yea, I forgot, the gas for that big honking machine that pulls our butts out there. Then there is the insurance.

What I am dissapointed in is someone whining about spending 50 bucks and they didn't catch a fish.

Please let me turn this into a postive. Thank you to all the LPB operators. Thank you for sticking it out during the last few years. Thank you for your advice. Thank you for helping me enjoy what I truly love to do.

I hear you @Walleye, I wouldn't call it whining, more like frustration with a bit if cheese to go with it. Like I said in that thread it's not about the fish it's about the fishing. If it's about dollars per fish I would have packed it in a long time ago and gone to Foodland for my limit.

Those who don't want to spend any money to see few or no fish caught should cuddle up in their pyjammies with a bag of popcorn and watch WFN. In the real world it's called "fishing" or it would simply be just "catching". :rolleyes:

Well said guys,It's not allways about catching fish,Its getting out and enjoing our outdoors

It's pretty convenient that they all charge the same. If I was bayside I'd drop 10 bucks and put Granger out of buisness. Or vise versa. And 50 bucks is fine if your alone but 100 to take your kid is ridiculous. I can run my atv all day on 12 bucks in fuel. Don't see how they can't make money at 25- 30 bucks they might even be able to keep all huts full durring the week instead od trying to make 250 a hut and only being full on weekends.

It certainly is disappointing regarding the success of the fishing this year, I went with Grangers for a day with my 10yr old son... his first time out...we saw one fish all day maybe an 8 incher, but we listened to the radio and talked about lots of things, and made hot dogs for lunch, on the stove in the hut, we didn't catch a thing and asked to leave after about 4hrs, but it was still a rewarding trip, and he cant wait for his second time ice fishing...... Sobeys in Paris has perch every day at the fish counter(maybe that's why there are not many at the bay) if all I wanted was fish I would go there.... its all about the experience and enjoying the day fish or not ;), maybe next time will be better, even if we get skunked again...

I'm blaming Big Dave.

Big Dave says it's you that fished out Erie! I think you guys should fish out of Erie Pa. next year and leave our Canuck fish alone. If you do catch an Ontario fish give it back it's passport and deny it's entry into the US.

Yes Big Dave however those fish in the bay come all the way around the point to you as they can't resist your bait.

I must be really loosing it, have been on 6-8 all day. Drifts and never ending blowing winds causing 10 foot or higher drifts have me sequestered here all day and night, again. Lakeshore Rd. is closed from Kohler Rd. to Selkirks Stoney Creek. Wife can't get home, again. She has to spend the night at friends in Burlington, going to the Keg for diner and shopping at Ikea, Homesence and Winners, then back to the nice warm home sit in the spa, eat popcorn, drink Caesars and rent a chick flic. Oh it must be tough, poor woman.

I hear you Whatsthepoint I was going to go out this afternoon until I heard about 50km/hr winds. I have a Clam hut with ice anchors but it's still too brutal when the wind's howling. Oh well I'll try next week. TC

Good fishing TC, wind is supposed to die down overnight to 25KPH. Go get em TC. Let us know how you make out.

Well maybe for all of us next time we will hire walleye to take us out. We had eight guys go down and not one fish. Our hut was a quarter mile from shore. That's not guided what so ever. Our guy smoked more cigarettes than three guys put together. He told us it was slow. Not dead. Or we wouldn't have gone out. Don't get mad at everyone else because your pail was light coming home!

Your pail wasn't only thing light how about your wallet? They made 400 bucks to give you a 1/2 mile snowmobile ride

Your pail wasn't only thing light how about your wallet? They made 400 bucks to give you a 1/2 mile snowmobile ride
It's a lot of money agreed but they aren't gouging people. Everyone wants to get paid more for whatever they do. What working man do you know that says they get too much or are satisfied by what they earn everyday, not many if any. But it always seems that the same people that lament about not being paid what they think they should be are the first to complain about having to pay someone for their services, whether it be a plumber or a painter. It's not like they are gouging, that's the going rate paddle maker. If they were charging more than anyone else, the minnows were all dead, the huts had holes in the roofs, the machines broke down and you had to walk, they forgot to pick you up, then it's a rip off. We can all choose not to pay it. That's why I'm going to Simcoe soon, and will pay more there than here on Erie, plus drain a tank of gas in my tank of a truck. St. Williams is less than 45 minutes from my place, but we are driving 3 1/2 or more hours from here and a fish isn't guaranteed.

As I said it's not about the fish it's all about the fishing.

How much do you charge for your paddles if you sell one?

LMAO

my god if you don't like the ice fishing service, go buy yourself a quad or sled along with a pop up hut with all the fixings and go out and drill your own holes, until then just pay your 50 bucks a day to be in a hut and be done with it...... sometimes its nice to just show up with bells on, two rods in hand to be whisked to a warm hut with holes already drilled fish for the day and leave, as far as the fishing well they are there not my problem you cant catch them

Well maybe for all of us next time we will hire walleye to take us out.

If that was intended for me. I can't be hired. I don't have the gumption of LPB operators. It hurts me when I can't get fish and post a good report so I can only imagine how hard it is when these operators have to read about bad reports.

If I am mistaken I apologise.

My best, Clark

Back