hydraulic steering

Ferbie

would appreciate your opinions. My steering cable on my 115 mercury has seized and i need to replace. I am contemplating going with a hydraulic system and am trying to decide between a baystar or a hydrodrive. thoughts? Thanks in advance.

no play in hydraulic if its bleed properly. also should not feel a difference between steering one way or the other. you will love it

Thanks guys. I appreciate your insights. I am going to go the Seastar route and cant wait till spring. I found the mechanical steering very hard, especially when trying to navigate boat ramp. Thanks again

Thanks guys. I appreciate your insights. I am going to go the Seastar route and cant wait till spring. I found the mechanical steering very hard, especially when trying to navigate boat ramp. Thanks again
I did too and then my cable broke. (broke at the dock trying to load the boat after running around the bay all day. I was soo lucky) Then I replaced the manual cable and the new one was buttery smooth. The people watching me try to load the boat at LP provincial park that day must have had a good laugh, but unbeknown to them and I, I was trying to steer the boat while the old Merc just sat hard to one side making me spin in circles.

Not saying you shouldn't go hydraulic, just be informed that steering may have been hard because your cable was deteriorating.

I have Sea Star hydraulic steering on a 23ft walkaround with a 225 E-Tec. Can steer it with one finger and absolutely no torque steer at any speed.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks