Hut Still on the Lake

Fish Farmer

I see someone has left there red hut on the lake, Can see it on the web cam just out front of the old cut Dickinson Cr. Looks like some open water spots starting to form.

Yes, open water on Dickinson Cr. Watched 2 Ice Fisherman head out this Am. They put on Waders. Right Now there is 2 Huts out Front. You are welcome to either one as per OMNR. Plus there is One in the Parking Lot by the tree. Don't know who the Owner is, but it might end up at my place shortly....Looking for a New Garden Shed up at the Farm!

Yes, open water on Dickinson Cr. Watched 2 Ice Fisherman head out this Am. They put on Waders. Right Now there is 2 Huts out Front. You are welcome to either one as per OMNR. Plus there is One in the Parking Lot by the tree. Don't know who the Owner is, but it might end up at my place shortly....Looking for a New Garden Shed up at the Farm!

What you're saying is any hut left on the ice after March 15th is deemed abandoned and anyone can claim ownership?

I can only comment on the 2 huts out on the Ice in front of the Marina as per OMNR. Oddly enough only One remains now. I will say that any Hut left out on the Bay past March 15th that is in trouble would be salvageable, since obviously the Owner could care less. Plus furthermore these abandoned huts become a boaters worst nightmare if struck! Still got my Eye on that One in the Parking Lot!

Last edited:
You can view the Parking Lot Hut on the Old Cut Web Cam @ www.oldcutmarina.ca The Marina will be claiming that Hut after a significant amount of grace period expires. You are welcome to the One remaining Hut located North of the Marina Winter Access. Just PM me if you are coming down to claim it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks