Hunting Signage Along Shoreline

Zeeter

Anyone know when the hunting signage goes up along the shorelines in the Bay? I enjoy fishing the shoreline and don’t want to interfere. Thanks

Don't quote me (I don't hunt), but I believe the season starts this Saturday (24th), so I assume all signs are up. Pretty much the entire north shore from Turkey Point west to Booths Harbour, the south shore from Pottahawk west to the Provincial Park (I believe) and the west shoreline adjacent to the causeway.

I posted about the upcoming waterfowl season back on Monday but didn't include any info about signs in it but YES there are signs up and don't get caught behind them because charges will be laid. The CWS and the private marshes take a very dim view of anybody not obeying and even if the sign(s) is posted in what appears to be open water that is the property line so don't cross it. As for The Park aka The Unit there is Zone "A" and Zone "B" which runs basically from the mouth of Big Creek easterly to approx. Sandboy Marina that being "B" Zone then it becomes "A" Zone all the way to The Park's eastern boundry at which point the marsh becomes the CWS Throughfare Tract.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks