Hunting Labrador Breeders

WinSX3Tom

Hi guys

I am looking to purchase my first hunting dog and family pet in the spring to early summer and realized I should be starting my search now.

I am not 100% set on either a chocolate or a black but have been told by more than 1 person that blacks are my best bet for my first dog to train. I am looking to follow all the advice from books I have read about starting with a dog from and HRC background and good proven hunting lines. I'd like to stay within 2 1/2 hours drive from home if possible. I know that does limit myself but I am confident that there are great dogs in this area.

I have made contact with a couple breeders.

-Applemeadow out of Burgessville. (I am not sure if they have a hunting background or not, was told a few of their dogs are owned by Browns Marsh.)

-Oakridge Retrievers out of Port Perry. I met Shawn at the Outdoor Canada show on the weekend and loved his dogs and the title's they have won in the Grand HRC.

-I still want to contact Maktawae Gun dogs. She is nice and close to home and from her website looks like her dogs do very well in all aspects or dog life.

If anyone can point me in any more direction around this area. I am looking at becoming a member of the Long Point Retriever Club for solid training advice and help.

This might be a touchy subject I know and if you don't feel the need to post publicly please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Tom Compoli
Delhi, ON

Tom

Welcome to the world of working Retrievers. I am president of the Long Point Retriever training club and would welcome you to join. My advice is to find the best bred dog you can find. No matter what you pay for a pup it is the smallest part of a life long investment in your working retriever.

Drop Me a line if you want lpgar@kwic.com and I will help you if I can with your decision.

Gar Clark

I bought a pup from Lola at Maktawae Kennels last spring and he's a very fine dog -- smart as heck, easy to train, loves people, loves retrieving, loves birds, and he's got the classic "British Lab" appearance. Here are some photos taken this past month when "Bug" was 7 months old:

100_1014.jpg

100_1038.jpg

100_1054.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks