Off Topic Humminbird Helix 7 Issue

Mickey Finn

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I'm hoping somebody on the site can help me solve an issue I'm having with my unit.
Several weeks ago I was fishing on the French River with the Channel 68 moderator when my finder went from fishing in 40ft of water to 1,200 ft.
For the next few days I got these kind of depths when I knew we were a lot shallower.
Eventually it just stopped giving depth readings.
Ran a self test of the unit & it indicated all was working well.
I called Angling Outfitters & they said it sounded like a bad transducer.
I also talked to the Humminbird folks & they thought the same.
I went ahead & ordered a new Transducer which arrived today.
Hooked it up and used a garbage can full of water to test (which has always worked for me).
Still not working & I cannot even hear it clicking.
I'm beginning to think it may be a problem with the Control Head.
Anybody come across this type of issue?
I'm getting very frustrated.

I had a Humminbird Helix 7 G2N with similar issues. It was the head unit. I sent it in and got a new G3N at a discount. Joslyn has a technician in North Bay that he uses.

Thanks @Zeeter. That certainly seems to be my thought too.
I'm taking the unit to Joslyn next week & see what he thinks..

Hey @Zeeter. When you say you sent it in.
Was that back to Humminbird in the US or to Angling Outfitters?

Hi @Michael7.
Yes...I did a factory reset & tried to apply the latest firmware but because I already had it on it rejected a reapply.
I'm hoping @Zeeter will chime in & explain where he sent his unit to & received a discounted unit..

Thanks @77 caravan . I will be calling them tomorrow morning & get their take on the problem.
It seems @Zeeter had the same issue with his Helix 7 so I suspect they will know what the problem is.

Just to let everyone know I talked to George Bishop at Bay Distributors.
When I explained the issue he knew exactly what the problem is & it is an $80 fix.
The unit is on it's way to be fixed.
Thanks to everybody for their comments.
Anybody need an almost new Transducer for a Helix 7?? :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks