How's the Ice ?????

apps

We are thinking about fishing Friday and wondering how the ice is out of St Williams ? ..............apps

The ice is gud & smooth...very slippery...I was out of St. Willies yest 4 the 1st time ,,(have been outa Old Cut 3 times) ,brought home 19...best day yet 4 me....size was not the greatest tho....

Apps
My buddy and I were out yesterday with the quad, and the ice was slick, but good to run on. Just be careful of some large holes where huts have been sitting. There's one particular hole just SW of EC10 that appears a hut went in. Hope the fishing is on for you as it was slow yesterday.

The ice is gud & smooth...very slippery...I was out of St. Willies yest 4 the 1st time ,,(have been outa Old Cut 3 times) ,brought home 19...best day yet 4 me....size was not the greatest tho....

Thanks for the report canslayer , glad you found some of them yellow bellied buggers !............apps

I was out today ice is good and clear real slippery!!

Thanks G-man I'll make sure I have the cleats with me..............apps

How'd the ice hut rescue go??

I'm wondering how it went as well Pinchel , was think about it yesterday when I was using one of my heavy duty jacks , I was thinking them boys probley could use them lol , hope they made out fine , I sure don't envy them !!..............apps

Apps
My buddy and I were out yesterday with the quad, and the ice was slick, but good to run on. Just be careful of some large holes where huts have been sitting. There's one particular hole just SW of EC10 that appears a hut went in. Hope the fishing is on for you as it was slow yesterday.

Thanks for the warning about the big holes twodogs , I'll be sure to travel with caution !..........apps

Anyone that's out today please let me know how things are , I would think things should be getting heeled up with this cooler temps at night............apps

apps, me and my buddy are going tomorrow also, taking my atv. I'll be there early if you need a ride out.
My bud was out yesterday and he said it was supper slippery and the wind was brutal, almost blow him down and didn't stay out long.
He said the ice is good just watch for old holes.

@apps looks like the ice hut recovery went very well according to the other thread. The guy said 2 hours and they was fishing again.

apps, me and my buddy are going tomorrow also, taking my atv. I'll be there early if you need a ride out.
My bud was out yesterday and he said it was supper slippery and the wind was brutal, almost blow him down and didn't stay out long.
He said the ice is good just watch for old holes.

Hey @Fish Farmer , thank you very much for the offer that was a very kind thing to do !! We be on a 450 Polaris with a clam Yukon , if you see us stop and say hi !..................apps

@apps looks like the ice hut recovery went very well according to the other thread. The guy said 2 hours and they was fishing again.

Hey @Pinchel , thanks for the come back on that , glad thing went well for them , I have had my share of trouble down there pulling old wooden hut around , best thing I ever did was invest in that clam !...............apps

OK apps I'll keep an eye open for you guys. I'll be driving a older redis-orange 350 Honda fourtrax pulling a clam.
I hope the fish will be there, a buddy that was out there today just called and only caught a very few and 1 mudpuppy. He said he moved quite a few times and nothing much.

Guys I want to head out Saturday morning with my side by side should I be worried about the ice ? we have been at mitchel bay last few weekends but would like to stay closer to home this weekend
thanks CRaiger

Guys I want to head out Saturday morning with my side by side should I be worried about the ice ? we have been at mitchel bay last few weekends but would like to stay closer to home this weekend
thanks CRaiger

Hey @CraigMatthew , I would think you be o.k. but I will report later today on how fishing and ice are !..............apps

Well as promised a report we fished 7:30-4 with 3 keepers (that we let go ) and maybe 20-25 dinks ! Ice is good 8" and a skiff of snow on it so not bad travelling , took a couple shots 1 of the sun rise and last one is another hut that's roof is sticking out , sorry for crappy shot cell phone camera .............apps

Wow... good day and report... but fish sure seem hard to come by... Hastings anyone?:D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks